Friday 16 March 2007

No more old memories (lets make some more)

This weeks song is built upon a past song I once wrote called ‘Ready to Go’ yet this song focused upon being ready to change something wrong whereas I wanted the focus to be more happy and to be from this changed perspective. The song was influenced by The Goo Goo Dolls hit song ‘Iris’ from the album Dizzy Up The Girl and Angels and Airwaves.

Angels and Airwaves – ‘Do it For Me Now’



No More Old Memories



No more old memories
For I used to fear that
Running was my calling
And living was a race

I am a living being yet
A master in disgrace
For letting all these people
Make me forget my place

But I’ve lived this life
And it’s helped me grow
I’ve changed from before
And I’m ready to go

To remember all the good times
Is to think about you
And to have many more
Is to let me take you too

Viewing my life
With a spectators eye
I can see why I struggled
And why I prayed to see
The wonders of this life
That have come to me