Thursday 26 April 2007

Wake Up

Funeral for a Friend are releasing their new album, Tales Don’t Tell Themselves, on the 14th May and so at the moment are running a lyric writing competition. Funeral have long been one of my favourite bands and so here’s my entry as well as their latest single.

FFAF – Into Oblivion (Reunion)



Wake up

Now that I’m coming home
I can see those familiar places
That stopped me being on my own

There’s snow on the beaches
It’s raining on the pier
I’m lost in these one-way streets
My friends are my family here

I’m getting up at twelve and going back to sleep
It’s another short day of a very long week
And I don’t know if I can wake up

When I walk back through your door
You make my world worth fighting for
I don’t know why I ever left you
I don’t know why I let you go